[Aust-NZ] Logos FOSS4G / Aust-NZ

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Sun Aug 10 21:43:18 PDT 2008

Thanks for the reminder Cameron; is it time to do this then?

I did some sketches for the FOSS4G logo that may be of interest - to be
honest they are mostly related to the Sydney harbour.
- My fav is is an abstract aerial view of the opera house folding into
that ribbon thing - I assume the map inclined will have a fun time when
they figure out what the shapes represent.-  I am tempted to just draw
the ribbon thing up side down and see if I get shot.
- It would also be funny to do the "Enternity" cursive but that may make
a long story for everyone who asks
- A simple classic boomerang with the ribbon curve on it would probably
be good; (perhaps get a bulk order a bit of card stock and a can of
spray paint you may have a good alternative to a t-shirt to hand out in
the conference materials).

And had a few more ideas - the most promising is to create one of those
nice dream map dot painting things with the ribbon in it; or use it to
make a mental dream map of the open source projects would be way cool.
Other than tyring to figure out where to start I am sure it would just
be taken as a colour blind test :-)

For Aust-NZ it is a bit more hard; how about:
- the compass is so northern hemisphere - how about the same ring with
the souther cross inside rather than an arrow? It is on both flags is it
not?
- I tried drawing the compass upside down but it was useless
- draw the compass - with a few extra lines hinting at the souther
hemisphere - my just end up look like it is sitting in a bowl?

Let me know if any of the above is of interest and I can draw them up.
Jody