[Aust-NZ] [Fwd: Addendum - OSGeo-AustNZ Submission - Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data]

Bruce Bannerman bruce at bannerman.id.au
Fri Aug 22 04:07:01 PDT 2008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Bruce Bannerman <bruce at bannerman.id.au>
To: edic at parliament.vic.gov.au
Cc: Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
Subject: Addendum - OSGeo-AustNZ Submission - Inquiry into Improving
Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:52:45 +1000

The Executive Officer
Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee
Parliament of Victoria
Spring Street
EAST MELBOURNE VIC 3002

Please find attached our submission to the Parliamentary Inquiry into
Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information and Data.

This submission has been prepared on behalf of the Open Source Geospatial
Foundation - Australia / New Zealand.

This version of the submission is version 1.1 and replaces version 1.0 that was submitted at 00:16 this morning.

It has additional information that was deemed to be of critical importance to our submission, namely:

- p9, Private Sector pricing details on spatial PSI.

- pp23-24, Statistics from Natural Resources Canada on the affects of changing their
  data access policy to 'no fee and no restriction'.

This version of the document has a different version number to that submitted earlier.

Yours sincerely,

Bruce Bannerman
(04) 1983 5383