[Aust-NZ] Logo 5 version 2 release candidate 37

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 8 00:59:24 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 00:55 -0700, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
> > Jody wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to thank Hamis for the the advice on star placement :-) I
> >> took your image and rotated it to match the orientation of the two flags
> >> and then repositioned the starts in the correct place. The result looks
> >> spot on ...
> >>
> > Nice work Jody. It looks good.
> >
> > The only slight change I would investigate would be to rotate the stars +
> > button by 10-15 degrees counter-clockwise. It's a bit silly but my eye
> > wants to see the thing balance on Acrux.
> I am not sure I understand; the two stars making the line of the crux
> are lined up vertically?
> > Maybe that is broken physics, but who said aesthetics were entirely logical? Besides that reason it
> > makes the logo look slightly less harsh if the graphic doesn't perfectly
> > snap to a vertical grid line.
> >
> Not broken physics; just which way you happen to be facing when looking up.
> Okay let us give that a go - file is attached.
> I do not mind either way.
>
> Jody
Ugh, no.  Sorry, but it looks like it is falling over to me.  If
anything, the alignment should be horizontal rather than vertical, but
failing that I like the previous version much better.

Regards,
Tim
--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.