[Aust-NZ] Local Chapter report

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 15 20:24:31 PDT 2008

resend. sorry, forgot the list.
__________________

IMO:

Tim,

see below...

--
Bruce Bannerman

aust-nz-bounces at lists.osgeo.org wrote on 11/09/2008 01:48:47 AM:

> I'm going to be doing a local chapter report for Aust-NZ at FOSS4G.  Is
> there anything notable that people would like mentioned?
>
> A few things that have hit the list that may be worth mentioning:
> *Geonetwork happenings

The Australian and New Zealand Metadata communities were engaged to try
and
get some momentum back into the seemingly stalled ANZLIC Metadata Catalog
work based on GeoNetwork.

There is a lot of good will towards making GeoNetwork work as the tool of
choice. Jeroen Ticheler arranged for ANZLIC development (BlueNet) to be
developed within a Sandpit environment within the GeoNetwork community.

The ensuing email thread showed how much open source spatial work
is happening in the region and good will towards working together.

> *Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information
> and Data

OSGeo-AustNZ prepared a submission for the Victorian Government's
Parliamentary
Inquiry into Improving Access to Victorian Public Sector Information
and Data.

This submission was prepared at short notice and to a tight time frame and
covers
a lot of current issues relating to open access to spatial data.

The submission is available on the OSGeo-AustNZ wiki.     (or soon will be
;-) )

> *ABS Free v free
> *LINZ geodata (& osm)
> *WALIS conf
> *Geodata hosting (I take it we didn't get anywhere with this?)
> *Live CD
> *Anything else?
>
> If anyone wants to write a short 3 line description of any of these
> issues they were involved in that would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Tim Bowden
> --
> Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
> when you make it again.

Notice:

contained in this email.