[Aust-NZ] CrisisCamp Pakistan Floods, Sydney (4-5 Sept)

Gavin Treadgold gt at kestrel.co.nz
Mon Aug 23 18:13:49 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Just to add to Shoaib's introduction...

I'm going to be attending as well and representing the Sahana Software Foundation.

One request we've received from the field in Pakistan is the ability to create simple A4 maps from a web-based system. Perhaps something a bit like Walking Papers <http://walkingpapers.org/> - although it is something we need embedded within Sahana Eden (a web2py/python app that uses OpenLayers) so that we can export pdf maps for printing utilising both remote layers, as well our our internal data.

Our current deployment is at <http://pakistan.sahanafoundation.org/>

If anyone has any bright ideas on how we could achieve this - we'd love some input from the geospatial community. Likewise - we'd gladly take any support from people with experience in python, openlayers and other relevant geospatial tools.

Cheers Gav