[Aust-NZ] [FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: Fwd: OSGeo Annual General Meeting - Local Chapters please join

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 23:03:27 PDT 2018

Yes, revisiting the OSGeo Aust-NZ local chapter post FOSS4G sounds good
to me.

I'd suggest steps should be:

1. Pick one of our email list for us to hang out on.

2. Invite everyone to move across to that list.

3. Publicly state that the email list constitutes the OSGeo Aust-NZ
chapter.

4. We probably don't need to be any more formal than just being
represented by an email list, but we could go a step further and claim a
web page and list our membership, maybe even go as far as defining our
decision making processes.

5. Many local chapters have become legal entities, but I'm against that,
as it introduces a level of red tape for little gain.

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254