[Aust-NZ] Fwd: OSGeo Annual General Meeting - Local Chapters please join

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 15:31:44 PDT 2018

Local chapters have been setup... at arms length in each region, often
under the local laws, in order to be more effective in any advocacy work
they wish to do at the national or state level. Some have been able to set
up tax-exempt status which is a bonus.

To enable this "arms length" relationship none of the local chapters are
directly represented as officers in the global organization, so liability
insurance would not apply. Recently the osgeo-europe chapter requested a
donation to explore the liability issues involved in setup, and make sure
their organization was starting off with the correct structure to operate
in the region. I am sure we could arrange similar support if requested.

--
Jody Garnett