[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo local chapter status

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 21:39:01 PDT 2019

Hi all, a bit of exciting news to share from FOSS4G in Bucharest...

As discussed over last several months [1], we've been working towards
forming a local/regional chapter of OSGeo. We submitted a request for
recognition to the OSGeo board in July [2]. At yesterday's board meeting,
they approved our request, so OSGeo Oceania is now a full-fledged local
chapter!

Additionally, we requested funding for financial assistance [3] with
obtaining professional advice on some outstanding questions on our legal
entity and accounting, and this was also approved.

We now have a page on the OSGeo website [4]. It could probably use a bit
more content, so if anyone wants to help with this, please do! I encourage
you to register as an OSGeo member on the OSGeo website and wiki... this
will help build strong connections between Oceania and the rest of the
world. See this page [5] for some tips on how to get started.

Cheers!
John

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/oceania/2019-May/002029.html
[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/oceania/2019-July/002036.html