[OSGeo Oceania] membership - elections - AGM

Alister Hood alister.hood at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 04:33:46 PDT 2019

Hi, I was thinking along similar lines to Robert: people sign
themselves up and become "Provisional" Members.  By default their
membership is accepted after a set period of time.  I thought in some
cases the board may want to fast track membership for someone who is
making an obvious contribution to the community, but it is probably
better to say this is a set period which allows for people to raise
any concerns with a prospective member, and stick to it.

Regards,
Alister