[OSGeo Oceania] membership - elections - AGM

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Wed Sep 25 02:00:39 PDT 2019

Hi John,

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 09:44, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> But in the interest of moving forward, and focusing on the most urgent
> outcome (determine a process for a voting membership), let me ask this
> question: *Can we live with a single membership type for now, which
> includes voting privileges?*
>
> I believe this single membership type will sufficiently address our key
> priorities (voting membership, protect the org).

+1 on Single Tier.

IMO if protection is really necessary, it could be as simple as "only
people who have been members for 3mo+ can vote". If there's some sudden
influx then the org has 3 months to change the rules/sort it out. eg.
InternetNZ has this (S3.6 <https://internetnz.nz/about/constitution>).
Limiting officers to 2 per company might be sane as well. But I could
happily live without any protection as well.

Thanks

Rob :)