[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Aug 27 19:01:58 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I would like this discussion to not be lost, too.
I believe Trish has been looking at the update of the ToRs, cc-ing here.
Martin

From: Oceania <oceania-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Adam Steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 24 August 2020 at 6:27 pm
To: John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>
Cc: "oceania at lists.osgeo.org" <oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: OSGeo Oceania Board Terms of Reference Update for Review

Hi John

Responding as an individual board member, mainly because these requests should never sit idle for more than a few days:

Thanks for sparking a fresh ToR discussion among the board. My feeling about the changes between v1 and proposed v2 are driven by a move from 'we are setting up...'  to 'we are operating...'.

I think the most important addition is a reference to a specific code of conduct we apply to operations of both the board and things we support (the Berlin Code of Conduct [1]). Another key change is a lot less proscription about the mechanics of how conference LOCs work ( we no longer say how an LOC should organise, just that we will support...)

Personally, I could and should have definitely paid more attention to TOR alterations this past 6 months. It's nearly coming time for an election, which will put a burner under us to get over a fire-and-covid-induced languor and make sure a few things get packaged up.

Regards

Adam

[1] https://berlincodeofconduct.org/<https://berlincodeofconduct.org/>