[OSGeo Oceania] Sponsorship for SIG

Emma Hain emmahain at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:47:55 PST 2020

Hi All
I am working on the QGIS SIG and their charter and in the membership
section we are looking at the scaling of membership fees.
I wondered what if a company used QGIS a lot and wanted to ensure its
continued development but didn't have a developer on board.
Therefore, could an option for sponsorship by entities be included? This
could allow for an entity - company, organisational body or a group of
interested parties - to contribute a one off payment (of any amount) to
either sponsor an event, a development or just to show their appreciation
for the wonderful service QGIS is.
The facets to be worked out from this are (please add):
- conflict of interest
- process how to determine where the funds go i.e. directed or felxible
- appropriate vehicles in recognition of sponsorship

Let us know what you think.

Cheers
Em