[OSGeo Oceania] Sponsorship for SIG

Andrew Jeffrey aljeffrey83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 14:06:28 PST 2020

Hi Emma,

Just linking in the Aust-NZ QGIS google group. For context, we are
discussing the OSGeo Oceania Special Interest Group raised on list
previously in link [1], and the draft charter we are discussing is in link
[2].

Thinking more about the above suggestion, do we make the organisation tier
of the membership a minimum price? That way an organisation that wants to
contribute more can?

Furthermore, to your point on a "process how to determine where funds go" -
as you mentioned we would be keen to hear what people think about that. At
the moment that is addressed under the section "Raising a motion and
voting" which on reflection isn't that clear! The intent here was to
provide a mechanism for the SIG members to access funds, and that could be
done by raising a motion and the group voting on it.

[1]
https://groups.google.com/g/australian-qgis-user-group/c/gdp6bOo5zYA/m/0gBoHHu6AQAJ
[2]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrewntrC0N1r6mfZdo1AdPhe2qTEaN5hDA2pcL0mrvI/edit?usp=sharing