[OSGeo Oceania] OSM Community issue

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:53:32 PST 2020

Thanks for initiating this Greg.

And thanks for making the point about the local chapter Martin. An action
item I have over the next week is to do a better job communicating the
connection between us and the OSMF and getting the community conversation
going again on our OSM. The SIG charter is one such example.
I agree we should have a voice on this topic as well as the local chapter
of the OSMF. Whether Celine's proposal is the right format, I'm not sure.

At a personal level, I signed just now because I agree that there is an
underlying issue with diversity and inclusion in OpenStreetMap. I put the
caveat that I am wary of signing a document that is still evolving and
prescribing solutions to hastily.

As an incoming board member, I am honestly quite confused as to whether we
can/should list ourselves as a signatory. Fully open minded on this and
looking forward to hearing all points of view.