[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania AGM Video and Minutes

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:24:28 PST 2020

Hey folks

Yeah, we probably can work out who has voted. There's a question around
privacy (should we know who has voted?) and the bigger issue is that our
Membership Policy says that 'if you don't vote in two consecutive you'll be
removed from the register', see:

Members have the right and responsibility to vote in annual board elections
(which can be done
electronically). Members not meeting this responsibility in two consecutive
annual elections will be
assumed to be inactive, and removed from the membership register, with
thanks for their prior
service.

Since is says "will be" we really do need to keep track...

Cheers,

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 13:13, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I recall correctly, the election software (Election Buddy) allows the
> admins to see who has voted (but not who they voted for, which is secret).
>
> Cheers
> John
>
> On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 10:07, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just reading the minutes, & noticed the comment about the election
>> "Interestingly, we have no way of measuring who is and who is not voting"
>>
>> That should be fairly simple to work out shouldn't it?
>>
>> After voting, I got a ballot submitted confirmation from Election Buddy:
>> "Ballot submitted: OSGeo Oceania - 2020 Board of directors election
>>
>> Thank you for submitting your ballot for *OSGeo Oceania — 2020 Board of
>> directors election* on *November 30, 2020 at 6:00am GMT +08:00, Perth*.
>> Your voter verification code is c603xxxxxxxx879 [deleted by me!] and is
>> used only in the case of an election challenge or vote audit to guarantee
>> your vote has not been compromised."
>>
>> There should be some way of the Returning Officer also getting a copy of
>> that message, so that they can tick off to say that I have voted.
>>
>> Alternatively, we could introduce a rule to say that each person has to
>> forward their confirmation, with their personal code deleted if desired, to
>> the Returning Officer.
>>
>> Would that work?
>> Thanks
>>
>> Graeme
>>

>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 at 10:48, Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Folks
>>>
>>> The minutes from the AGM have been published to the wiki, here:
>>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania
>>>
>>> direct link is here:
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0OZvJt5_FZ3LesSFY1FFBVCh33GOJqP
>>>
>>> And the video of the meeting is available here:
>>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9L8OGFm_kZ59P-zA96yvA
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>>> --