[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: [talk-au] ABC article - Google Maps in Eromanga

Phil Wyatt phil at wyatt-family.com
Fri Apr 16 18:43:37 PDT 2021

Not a lot left to do in Eromanga (I finished most of the buildings) but I do like the idea of a mapathon for the region. Only about 30 residents in Eromanga but you might get more locals in a bigger town like Charleville, Quilpie or Thargomindah. Imagery is good for all areas although there is a slight offset in the roads (Quilpie, Thargomindah - judging by Mapillary) which would be good to fix before any mapathon.

Getting a venue with good internet is likely the hardest part of the deal! An alternative might be some collaboration with say Charleville High School that could somehow have OSM as an elective (with pizzas!!!)