[OSGeo Oceania] [Oceania-Board] Sponsoring GDAL maintainer

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:30:48 PDT 2021

*GDAL*
Thanks for kicking this off Dionne. It's exactly the kind of initiative we
should be supporting.
@Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com> Tito seems perfect for this. Great idea.

*Corporate sponsorships and donations*
This is definitely something we should set up. OpenStreetMap US recently
received an $80,000 donation from craigslist which I think indicates the
level of interest in our community and the tools we support/enable. There
are countless organisations using OS GIS and OpenStreetMap in our region
who have the funds and willingness to support the community. Sounds like we
should look at the legal options and then just set up something simple to
begin with using PayPal, Stripe or similar.

[image: image.png]