[OSGeo Oceania] Geospatial Council of Australia - thoughts?

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:22:21 PDT 2023

Hi Emma, Kate

Thanks for the support!

As a strategic approach I'd personally go straight for board <> board level
comms without delay - because honestly FOSS4G tools and OSGeo-championed
concepts of open-ness / inclusivity are in every aspect of geostuff, all
the areas of practice.

(in my opinion) we do ourselves, the community and industry a disservice if
we act as if open source geostuff is a special interest or niche subset
within the geospatial community.

Cheers,

Adam