[OpenDroneMap-users] quality report

Yasin Yigit yasin.yigit at student.vives.be
Wed May 6 01:04:11 PDT 2015

Dear Open Drone Map users,

I am a student from Belgium and I am making a thesis of Open Drone Map. I really want to understand how the software creates the orthophoto. I know it does "resize, keypoints, match, bundler, cmvs, pmvs, meshing, texturing, georeferencing, orthophoto".

A quality report, like https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rt1qdh7tw2mybi/AAC1DhlflLVmZUS1stBymPS7a/caliterra_pix4d_report.pdf?dl=0 from the 'caliterra' data is very interesting.

But it is a quality report from Pix4D.

My question: Can OpenDroneMap / MeshLab create such quality reports ??

I don't have Pix4D software, only OpenDroneMap / MeshLab.

If it is not possible to create a quality report, how can I know/learn the principle behind the creation of the orthophoto ? Preferably in normal human language, not codes. Like a case study.....

I hope you guys understand my question. It would be nice if someone could help me with this.

With kind regards,

Yasin Yigit

Student aviation technology

Catholic High School Vives in Ostend, Belgium