[OpenDroneMap-users] Newbie focal length override

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Sun May 10 17:44:45 PDT 2015

Hi Howard,

Digging deeper: try '--force-ccd' but only after distortion correction:

My read of things is that Alex Mandel's lencorrection script won't work
with GoPro3 (unless they are the same...), until Lensfun supports it:
http://wilson.bronger.org/lensfun_coverage.html . The nice thing is this is
a good pre-processing step for all sorts of other lenses, with just the
change of the
https://github.com/wildintellect/lenscorrection/blob/master/gopro.xml (Alex
is on the list, so he can speak with more authority). Also, it's nice that
Alex' script writes a custom EXIF entry in the header, which could be added
to the ccd_list.json in a pinch.

Solem's vision blog may be your simplest solution at the moment, just make
sure your calibration shots of the checkerboard pattern is in the same
video mode as your data are collected, so that you are using the same
portion of the CCD for each (I think this matters...).

I hope that I'll be working on this soon for our own images from the GoPro3.

Cheers,
Best,
Steve