[OpenDroneMap-users] Newbie questions about WebODM

Thomas Wunder foren at thomas-wunder.de
Mon Jun 5 14:42:57 PDT 2017

Hi,
I just came accross OpenDroneMap and WebODM and I've downloaded, installed and
tried both of them (just following two video tutorials on youtube). To me it
seems, I'd be best served if I use WebODM for convenience even though I'm
really into linux console pretty much. Maybe I just haven't found the
documentation that answers all my questions (please point me there if it
exists):

1. WebODM is listening on the loopback interface (localhost:8000). How do I
tell it or docker to listen on one (or all) of the machine's physical network
interfaces to make WebODM accessible from my LAN?

2. On a fresh install of WebODM there's only one processing node configured. My
virtual machine however is equipped with 24 processor cores and the majority
of them is idling while just one is at 100% when running a WebODM task. How do
I add further processing nodes to fully use the VMs processing power?

3. Looking at the example project (sorry I already deleted it) I tried to open
a map using that "View Map" button but just found a cut open globe view.
Seemingly there's no processing output overlayed to it or at least it's not
being zoomed into.

4. I tried to process my own drone imagery, consisting of 91 single images
(1cm/px). First thing I noticed was that my images were obviously scaled to a
lower resolution of 1350x2400 compared to 3472x3071 they had originally, even
though I added the option "orthophoto-resolution: 100. Why is that?
Then after an hour or so processing finished saying
"conversion finished 1,623,710 points were processed and 1,623,710 points (
100% ) were written to the output.
duration: 19.469s
Postprocessing: done
Compressing all.zip"
but the web frontend obviously didn't realize the task was already finished as
the status stayed something like "Running" for almost a day until I hit the
cancel button. It's saying "Cancelling..." since.
How do I narrow down such a problem? Do you have an idea what could be going
wrong there?

Thanks a million in advance!
Best
 Thomas