[OpenDroneMap-users] Newbie questions about WebODM

Thomas Wunder foren at thomas-wunder.de
Tue Jun 6 02:11:42 PDT 2017

Hi Piero,

first of all, thank you so much for your prompt Answer!

#1 you're right, of course. Problem solved by just rebooting the VM and firing
up WebODM (by webodm.sh start) again seemed to be the quickest way to do that.

With #2 I was not successful yet... I grepped the WebODM directory for that
parameter string but couldn't find it. In the ODM wiki it says that this
parameter needs to be passed to run.py so I did some further grepping and
found it in OpenDroneMap/opendm/config.py, where I changed the default value.
This also brings me to the question whether WebODM would actually utilize my
external OpenDroneMap installation or whether it brings its own.
After restarting WebODM in
/var/lib/docker/aufs/mnt/aaab284f415bb0548d928b915d3e9b44c8e38fddf68a932dca679251b1e81c56/code/opendm/config.py
the value I changed previously still remains 1, which somewhat seems to answer
my question but leaves me with another one: Where to put that parameter?
(Passing it to webodm.sh also seemed to have no effect)

#3 Well, I made a mistake by deleting this default project. Maybe I messeed up
the WebODM installation somehow... Will rebuilding WebODM bring back that
example project? (Sorry, I can't currently try, as there's a task running)

#4 I'm sure it is. The reboot for #1 also solved this one.

One thing I'd like to get back to is the initial image downsizing. Where can I
get detail information as to why this is happening or do you know what's
exactly going on there?

Again, thank you very much!
Best regards!
 Thomas