[OpenLayers-Dev] mapstraction

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Wed Nov 1 09:06:52 EST 2006

I believe there is preliminary support for OpenLayers in Mapstraction.

I don't head up Mapstraction - but as a user, I think having a single
API I can use to switch between mapping providers is great. So then
allowing someone setup & run GMaps, and maybe play around with OL
using the same API may be a nice door opener for more users.

OpenLayers - again from a user's standpoint, doesn't seem as much to
be a common API to G/Y/M but a full-featured, and powerful,
open-source mapping library. Especially if I want to use or
incorporate my own tiles.

Andrew

On 11/1/06, Anselm Hook <anselm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes we know those folks very well; that's Mikel Maron and company.
> They do have a slightly different goal.
>
>  - a
>
> On 11/1/06, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are people aware of http://www.mapstraction.com/
> > They seem to have the same mission as OpenLayers of providing a common
> > API to G/Y/M.
> >
> > Has anyone contacted these guys to see if there is room for collaboration?
> >
> > --
> > Cameron Shorter
> > http://cameron.shorter.net

Andrew Turner