[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector rendering status

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 12:07:20 EST 2006

I just commited some modifications that have effects on several files.
It concerns the refactoring to get geometry as a feature property.
The Geometry class doesn't depend on Feature any more and attributes
related methods were moved to the Feature class.

To build a feature, one now needs to write something like :

var point = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(10,10);
var feature = new OpenLayers.Feature();
feature.setGeometry(point);  // this would also be done in the Feature
constructor
layer.addFeatures(feature);

Almost everything is still working, but the following functionnalities ain't :
 - the markers related methods in the feature class won't work (if they did),
 - the selection tool (in editing) is slightly broken, but Bertil and
I will pay attention to this.

Hope, this was a good choice.

Regards

Pierre