[OpenLayers-Dev] PanZoomSlide control: panning with a slide

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Wed Nov 29 21:09:07 EST 2006

I would like to contribute with this control. It's a modified PanZoom control that just pans sliding the map smoothly instead of in a single step.

I called it PanZoomSlide.

To do the animation I used the example in www.hesido.com, and the 2 small original functions that I used remain with his identification in the header.
He encourages others to use his examples but there is no mention of license type. Anyway there are hundreds of variations of the same simple slide effect. So if there's a problem (which I don't think there is) it is always possible to use something else - even rico in a manner similar to corner.js. Or even reinvent the wheel...

Anyway PanZoomSlide.js is only 6.84Kb. Original PanZoom.js is 4.5Kb.

To use:
 - include PanZoomSlide.js after OpenLayers.js
 - create a PanZoomSlide control just like you would a PanZoom:
map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomSlide());

That's it.

I'm not sure if OpenLayer team finds this worthwhile. If it is tell me how to send the file.

Regards,
Duarte