[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector drawing

Alan Borden alan.borden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 22:19:36 EDT 2006

hi paul,

from: http://ajaxian.com/archives/dojo-in-depth-with-alex-russell
"First, dojo.gfx now provides a common API to native 2D graphics across
browsers. The API takes advantage of the native SVG support in Firefox
1.5+and Opera 9, while still providing functional graphics in IE.
Native SVG
support in Safari is also on the way.
Second, Alex's demonstration of cometd <http://cometd.com/> was very
impressive. Cometd utilizes a publish/subscribe model and offers sub-second
notification to browser-based clients."

So they seem to be adding safari support...?

Did you try the version in trunk, it may have more recent code for safari(?)

Sorry, I don't have a safari browser to test with...

I also googled this regarding the safari browser: dated June 19, "By the end
of this year, Safari - the web browser that comes included with the Apple
Macintosh - will probably also support SVG. If not this year, then I think
surely next year when Leopard (10.5) comes out - Safari will support SVG."
So, maybe this will solve the compatibility problems?

alan