[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers + MapServer + Postgis <problem>

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Apr 1 17:55:08 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 12:32:08AM +0300, E.Stefanakis wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have two layers defined as follows...
>
> var mslayer1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "SHAPEFILE LAYER",
>     "http://83.212.51.160/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/emmanuel/htdocs/grdata_nomoi_wgs84.map", {'layers': 'NOMOI' , 'format':'image/png'});
> var mslayer2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "POSTGIS LAYER",
>     "http://83.212.51.160/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/emmanuel/htdocs/grdata_nomoi_wgs84.map", {'layers': 'MATHITES' , 'format':'image/png'});
>

> and the following map file:
> The SHAPEFILE layer works fine! Howver I cannot see the POSTGIS layer...
> I get an error message "declare mycursor binary cursor..."
>
> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated !

When debugging image creation from OpenLayers, if you right click on the
image and copy the URL, then paste it, you can usually edit it to remove
the 'exceptions=inimage' parameter, and get a more useful/readable error
message than the one in the image.

However, I don't recognize your problem specifically.

This problem is on the MapServer end of the spectrum: If you take your
URL to the MapServer list, you'll probably get a better response than I
can give :)