[OpenLayers-Dev] [Fwd: Re: [Mapstraction] map24 support]

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Apr 24 11:12:18 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:42:34AM -0400, Schuyler Erle wrote:
> Apparently Mapstraction has (or nearly has) Map24 support. Do we still
> have a bounty out for this? ;-)

MS can do this becasue they don't have to interact with other content.
Map24's API is a java applet with a Javascript binding (so far as I can
tell) and it's not possible to lay it down on top of other HTML content
nad have it 'work seamlessly' together.

So, though MS has this, it will probably never really work with
OpenLayers.