[OpenLayers-Dev] Exact bounding box of WMS untiled request

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:23:00 EDT 2007

Hi, I am currently more of a user of OpenLayers, but I have come across
something that is crucial to my application.
I was wondering if there is a way to set the exact bounding box for an
untiled WMS image request.

MaxExtent has been suggested to me, but there is still a buffer area that is
being sent.
Beyond the documentation, I have not gone in detail into the open layers
source, but I imagine this area is computed from something.
Even if I could find out what that function is, I would be willing to
accommodate.

If this is not currently possible, does anyone have any suggestions for what
would be involved for me to accomplish this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Ed