[OpenLayers-Dev] sandbox howto

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Aug 2 07:53:47 EDT 2007

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/CreatingPatches

> Second question is, which is the best way for keeping my sandbox
> synchronized with trunk version?

When trunk changes, look through svn log --stop-on-copy
local_sandbox_dir for your last trunk merge. (When you start, this
should just be the first revision you see.)

Once you've found that, do:

svn merge -r $oldrev:HEAD
http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/ local_sandbox_dir

svn ci -m "Merging from $oldrev to HEAD" local_sandbox_dir

Then you should be up to date.

(Note that you should replace oldrev with an actual number in both
cases.)