[OpenLayers-Dev] Strange "this.icon has no properties"

Peterson Eric-EEP002 Eric.Peterson at motorola.com
Fri Aug 3 15:18:19 EDT 2007

I've had a strange error occur in my code. Occasionally, for reasons I
can't explain, I get a "this.icon has no properties" popup. I've traced
the code to the Marker.draw() method ... I found that adding a check to
make sure that this.icon is not null prior to calling the
this.icon.draw() method at least makes the problem no longer appear.

I am doing no manipulation of the marker or icon ... I'm not sure how
that the Marker, once created, can ever get into a situation where its
icon gets set to null.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

-eP