[OpenLayers-Dev] Feature.Vector.atPoint() and Geometry.intersects()

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Wed Dec 12 13:21:49 EST 2007

Hey-

Attila Csipa wrote:
> Hi, I was looking at the ticket mentioned below, are the tests from GEOES
> mentioned by Chris Schmit committed somewhere (I can't seem to find them in
> the tests dir) ? I worked on JTS on similar things a while back and as I need
> this functionality for one of my ongoing projects, I actually might be of
> help, just need to get in focus where things are. I did not check on
> OpenLayers in quite some time but it seemed a good fit for a task so I
> checked out the latest stuff and was surprised how much it has progressed in
> the last year and a half.

I've put point in poly and geometry intersection methods in my geom sandbox:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/geom/

All but 30 or so of the 500 geos tests pass (see the geometry tests in
the test dir) - and I know what the problem is, but I haven't stopped to
fix it yet.

Tim

See geometry intersection in action here:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/tschaub/geom/examples/intersects.html