[OpenLayers-Dev] ticket state

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Wed Dec 12 14:39:27 EST 2007

Hey-

We currently use the keywords field to represent ticket state.  Things
like "commit", "review", and "needstests" (or is it "needtests" or why
not simplify and just make it "test") are significant to us.  Other
users of trac have other things in mind when they see the keywords
field.  They write things like "fix this darnit" or other words that
describe the ticket for them.

Proposal:

We use the "Severity" field of a ticket (currently not used) to
represent the ticket state.  This is a dumb word for ticket state, but
the field has a fixed vocabulary.  Then we add words like "commit",
"review", and "test" - and those become options in a drop-down.  Of
course users will probably still set those willy-nilly, but at least we
wouldn't get arbitrary words in there.  Guess it would make sense to
have a default "in queue" state or something.

No biggie if others like the keyword slop.  I can put up with it.

Tim