[OpenLayers-Dev] 7-parameter datum transformation bug in Proj4js

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:37:00 EST 2007

Hi,

first of all, which is the preferred way of reporting bugs for
Proj4js? Because I do not know better, here is a bug report.

Recently, I created the new mergeModels example in Mapbuilder trunk.
For this example, I have data in EPSG:31285. There is a proj def file
for that projection in Mapbuilder trunk, but it is not the latest
version of the proj4 definition. The latest version, which is already
online at spatialreference.org, contains +toWGS84 parameters for a
7-parameter transformation. But if I use this new version, the
conversion to EPSG:900913 results in coordinates that are several km
shifted to south.

This can easily be tested with the mergeModels examples, when the proj
def is updated with the transformation parameters.

Mike, it would be great if you could investigate/fix this.

Thanks!
Andreas.