[OpenLayers-Dev] tests in opera

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Dec 17 01:05:50 EST 2007

Opera fails a bunch of tests due to something weird in how it thinks
about the size of the map. This presents itself in a bunch of ways.

One specific example is in:

  test_30_Layer_MapServer_singleTile

The symptom is:

  fail Image height is correct. eq: values differ: got 7425, but
  expected 825

the reason is:

  div.clientHeight = 4950

at the time it's run.

When the page is loaded, div.clientHeight is 550. (via an alert in
onload) Sometime after that, the clientHeight changes to 4950...

And in typing out this email, I realized taht this is becasue we
initialize the map over and over in the same div, and the map div grows
continuously to match. So, in order to make opera happy, we have to add
a map.destroy() to correspond to any map we create.

I've done this for the MapServer example: this will help get us one step
closer to making tests work in Opera.