[OpenLayers-Dev] Automated Testing

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:45:41 EST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 8:44 PM, Paul Spencer <pspencer at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I think that the non-functional modifications should exclude any
> significant change to the test framework (run-tests, auto-tests) -
> i.e. those would require a ticket and review, since we are relying on
> the test framework to tell when stuff is broken.  This would include
> the changes I made yesterday, which in hindsight I should have
> proposed and got some sort of review on.  It would not include the
> changes I made to the actual tests to accommodate Safari's CSS quirks
> though.
>
> I also think that the trivial modifications category could be a little
> more lax unless the 'obvious typos' includes minor changes that are
> not typos?
>
> That being said, I don't feel strongly about changing it ... but I
> don't think it captures the spirit of the change in process that Chris
> was aiming for.
>
> Paul

Hello

I agree with Paul that changes to the test framework should require
tickets. Likewise, I think changes to the build framework (python
files) should require tickets.

Now I'm a bit concerned with "Run tests in at least on browser" before
commit. I would rather go with "Run tests in at least IE and FF".

Question: Must commiters make sure the patch is functional on every
browser supported by OpenLayers before commit? This seems too strict
to me. Maybe we should require that the commiter make sure the patch
is functional on at least FF and IE before commit. What do you think?

Thanks,
--
Eric