[OpenLayers-Dev] conflict between addlayer and loadstart

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Dec 19 07:36:38 EST 2007

Hi list,

I've just opened up ticket 1220 (http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1220)
which needs some discussion I think.

Currently the addlayer event is triggered at the end of the addLayer
function in Map.js, after redraw has been called on the layer. This means
that code like the OpenLayers.Control.LoadingPanel will always be too late
registering for the loadstart event, since the layer will already have
started loading when the addlayer event comes in.

I've proposed moving the addlayer event a bit higher up the addLayer
function, but I am interested to hear if this is an acceptable fix.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden