[OpenLayers-Dev] Layer is completely redrawn when panning passed 180th meridian.

pdecker paulad at rmi.net
Wed Dec 19 09:07:40 EST 2007

Hello,

Our wms server and OpenLayers 2.5 client has the following behavior.  An
image which spans the 180th meridian has the following upper left longitude,
lower right longitude, upper left latitude, and lower right latitude.

ULLon=179:59:06E
LRLon = 179:59:06W
ULLat = 00:00:45N
LRLat = 00:00:45S

The image displays, zooms, and pans very well with one exception:  when the
image is panned (to the east or to the west) so that the 180th meridian of
the image is in the center of the display area, the image is completely
redrawn.  I have looked at the bounding boxes that OpenLayers requests from
the WMS server.  The server is sending back a blank tile only for the
bounding boxes which are outside of the image.  This problem is annoying if
the image is zoomed in so that it completely fills the display area.  Each
time the image is panned so that its 180th meridian section passes the
middle of the display area, the entire display area is redrawn.

Are there any suggestions to remedy this problem?

Thanks in advance.

-Paula