[OpenLayers-Dev] Layer is completely redrawn when panning passed 180th meridian.

pdecker paulad at rmi.net
Wed Dec 19 14:58:29 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm not allowed to share the server.  By world wrapping are you referring
to:
wrapDateLine: true ?
We are using the wrapDateLine parameter.

The bounding box below:
ULLon=179:59:06E
LRLon = 179:59:06W
ULLat = 00:00:45N
LRLat = 00:00:45S
is a conversion done by our wms server on the OpenLayers bounding box.  For
the
most part, the bounding boxes sent by OpenLayers are WMS compliant.  I have
seen
some problems right around the 180th meridian...please see my other email.

Do you know why the redraw is occurring when panning?  It only happens when
the
180th meridian overlays the vertical center of the viewing area.  This
problem occurs
in Internet Explorer.  Things get worse with Firefox where the image just
disappears.
I have looked at the requests coming from OpenLayers.  When panning, many
times
no requests are being sent, but the image is still redrawn (or erased in the
case
of Firefox).

Thanks for any help on this matter.

-Paula