[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #1224: loadURL does not support synchronous requests. patch attached.

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:38:23 EST 2007

Chris is right, you can build your own synchronous ajax request using
OpenLayers.Ajax.request given some specific arguments.
I did use already in the vectorSymbols sandbox.

However, you should be aware that the Ajax handler needs to be updated
because there are some issues with the synchronous mode, though not
blocking.

Regards,
Pierre