[OpenLayers-Dev] animated zooming 1.0

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Fri Feb 2 13:08:48 EST 2007

Hey Emanuel-

This is great.

> - scale all active/visible layers (what do you think about
> the performance?)

I think it would make sense to have an option to turn off all overlays
during zooming.

> - preloading specific tiles of lower zoomlevels to prevent
> the white frame during zoomOut

Since preloading pertains to more than animated zooming, any work on this
should be decoupled from the zooming code.

> - scale the red rectangle in the overviewmap

If your map extent is actually changing while animating the zoom, you should
be able to call

ovControl.updateRectToMap();

If your map extent is not actually changing during the animated zoom (I
didn't look closely enough), I could add an extent argument to that function
so you could update the rect to an arbitrary extent.  Let me know if you
want me to modify this (it might make sense to do anyway).

Tim