[OpenLayers-Dev] "floating map overlay"? (possible contract work)

Ludwig M Brinckmann ludwigbrinckmann at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 07:34:50 EST 2007

The ICEDS browser has a similar functionality.

Go to http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/viewer/iceds/index.html. In the right hand
layer selector turn on another layer, press update map at the bottom of it.
Then select Layer Swipe in the drop down box below it. It will then prompt
you which layer you want to 'swipe', followed by a swipe style. There are
options to swipe from one side of a layer to another and also a box style,
which is similar to the icc one.

I do not think it is actually difficult to implement (there are some generic
swiping routines for images out there).

HTH

Ludwig