[OpenLayers-Dev] Need Help Using Multiple Map Files

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 19 13:43:38 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 12:29:15PM -0600, Brian Krebs wrote:
> I'm attempting to use OpenLayers with two different map files.  The map
> to use is based on the customerid the user logs in with.

> If I log in as customerid1 and open the map, I see the customerid1.map.
> When someone else logs in as customerid2, they also see the
> customerid1.map.  What needs to be done to get the correct map to
> display for each customerid?

I don't think you gave enough context.

initializeMapStart takes a mapName parameter. This parameter defines
what map you'll see out of ka-Map. The computation of that mapName
variable seems to be the code that you need to be looking at. (If you
add "alert(mapName)" as the first line of initializeMapStart, it should
tell you what mapName is actually getting in there.)

If you can figure out why that mapName isn't what you expect, I think
you'll be on your way forward.