[OpenLayers-Dev] OverFlow:hidden crashing violently or no events recieved.

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Tue Jan 30 09:52:01 EST 2007

One of the things I have been trying to do is enhance the layer switcher
for instance adding in legend graphics so far so good, one of the
impacts however is much larger layer lists...I have a calculated
width for the layer switcher based on character width of the layer names
and for long layer names this gives a wider layer switcher it works nicely
But
The solution I targeted for the greater height of the layer switcher was
restricting the height of each section and adding overflow hidden hence
scroll bars to the divs containing the baselayers and overlays

However once I add in overflow hidden in IE it works I get some nasty
crashing and in Safari the mouse down event fails to interact with the
scroll bar widget... ( I havent tested yet in better browsers ... since
these are limiters ;-))

Anyone ran into the like...