[OpenLayers-Dev] [Mapbuilder-devel] Who is interested in SLD editing?

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Jul 12 09:01:05 EDT 2007

> Lorenzo,
> You have sparked my curiosity. Maybe you have identified a user
> requirement which is not covered by OGC specifications.
>
> I'm wondering whether your requirements could be addressed by a WFS or
> Web Coverage Service (WCS).
> A WCS can be used to colour a map based on an attribute like
> population density.
We didn't felt that confortable looking for a OWS solution for:
- quantile
- unique value
- natural brakes
- generally every algorithm to create classes passing from real data values.

The problem we see is not the possibility to access data values with OWS
but to parse them on the client (Web Browser) to build the brake values
and use them in SLD filters.

we are open to any suggestions to do a better job but actually we see a
solution only in this server component.

ciao
Lorenzo and Andrea