[OpenLayers-Dev] [Mapbuilder-devel] Who is interested in SLD editing?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:29:22 EDT 2007

Lorenzo,
It would be good to discuss this in real time. My contact details are at
http://cameron.shorter.net

I have a bunch of questions:
* What will your interface between client and server look like?
* I don't know much about the algorithms mentioned below, but I'm
guessing they require attribute Max/min and statistical calculations
from a collection of features?
* I wonder how a WFS interface would need to be extended to support this
and whether it is worth standardising as a spec.
* The SLD spec has had a slow uptake and I wonder whether your needs
might highlight deficiencies.

I'm assuming that you plan to have a browser based client (Openlayers)
which would need an interface to a server (eg Geoserver).

--
Cameron Shorter
Systems Architect, http://lisasoft.com.au