[OpenLayers-Dev] [Mapbuilder-devel] Who is interested in SLD editing?

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Fri Jul 13 05:33:28 EDT 2007

> Lorenzo,
> It would be good to discuss this in real time. My contact details are
> at http://cameron.shorter.net
Hi Cameron, we can set a skype/irc appointment and whose interested can
join.
I guess it's already late for you today... I'll be in FAO until 5 pm
(GMT +2 in this season).

> I have a bunch of questions:
> * What will your interface between client and server look like?
With Andrea we've decided to publish something quickly to show it to
everybody and comment it all together.
It is a simple module using GeoTools to access data values.
Hopefully in one week we'll have something online.
Then he started planing the integration in GeoServer but he'll need more
time.

> * I don't know much about the algorithms mentioned below, but I'm
> guessing they require attribute Max/min and statistical calculations
> from a collection of features?
right

> * I wonder how a WFS interface would need to be extended to support
> this and whether it is worth standardising as a spec.
I'm wondering it too but I need to dive in the spec much more.

> * The SLD spec has had a slow uptake and I wonder whether your needs
> might highlight deficiencies.
I've been wandering about it too but I still have not enough know-how to
suggest OCG enhancements.
I'm sure in the next few month we'll have more than enough about SLD
:-)
It will be my project priority

> I'm assuming that you plan to have a browser based client (Openlayers)
> which would need an interface to a server (eg Geoserver).
absolutely

thanks
Lorenzo