[OpenLayers-Dev] FOSS4G CodeSprint and WMC

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Jul 14 10:42:59 EDT 2007

> Speaking of the WMS Manager.... right after we last discussed this.
> http://www.microimages.com/wmscatalog/request.cgi?
> I asked and 2 days later he added a search param .... for keywords et
> al..
> http://www.microimages.com/wmscatalog/specifications.htm

:-O
that's cool.
two more point to discuss of:
- metadata: actually many servers in list have very poor information
available. How to know what they really have inside?
- performances: is it a today problem or the request take a lot to answer?

to be honest I didn't forced on the CSW because there are few Free
implementation available. GeoNetwork is supporting it only in it's last
beta.
More other in my project we will support the CSW interface only in a
second moment. Anyway it's not yet clear to me which would be the best
way to query only WMS layers with a CSW interface. Then I'll need a open
service that let us connect too and retrieve the informations (OSGeo
Geonetwork?!?).
Anyway I'm still fascinated by this idea and if I'll find support I'll
try my best to add this feature.

>> Then the WMC obj inside OL should be maintained while the map is
>> altered: layer visibility, opacity, added/removed layers, and so on.
>> Then a function can serialize the WMC back to whatever service.
>>
> sure... I use open layers in a local situation  where I can save files
> on the pc with an HTA
what is an HTA?
this one: www.the-hta.org.uk
;-)

> and on the mac via perl from a widget but sending to a service and
:-)

ciao
Lorenzo