[OpenLayers-Dev] FOSS4G CodeSprint and WMC

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Jul 14 09:44:00 EDT 2007

Hi Lance,

Lance Dyas wrote:
>  cool feature actually what extensions to the context doc are
> planned/considered

is this a question?
;-)

Our server will use WMC to store the map structure, a very basic JSON
service is needed to provide the JSON WMC to OL. Parsing a JSON obj is
simpler but a XML file can be parsed too, I have quite an experience
with it in WMS Manager...
Then the WMC obj inside OL should be maintained while the map is
altered: layer visibility, opacity, added/removed layers, and so on.
Then a function can serialize the WMC back to whatever service.

does it make sense?

ciao
Lorenzo