[OpenLayers-Dev] Could the list be changed so reply to will default to the list???

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Mon Jul 16 13:37:03 EDT 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 12:21:34PM -0500, Lance Dyas wrote:
>> Because the way the list is setup my mail client says the reply to is
>> just one user...
>
> Yes. This behavior is intentional. Using the "Reply-to-List" feature of
> your mail client will help here, if your client has one. If it does not,
> I'm sorry that it does not.
>
> In general, I feel more comfortable with responses accidentally not
> going to the list than I do with responses meant for a single person
> accidentally going to the list.
>
> Regards,

I agree with Lance here.  Personally, I'd like it if subscribers
addresses were never exposed.  This is a list - not a tea party.

I get tired of ditching addresses because folks include a personal
address in the text of the reply and spam bots pick it up.

I think if people want personal communication, they should use different
means to get addresses and initiate a conversation.  If you have an
issue, you address it to the list.  If you want to respond to an issue,
you address it to the list.  A person might also want to respond to an
issue without opening themselves up to unsolicited personal responses.

(And though I wish "get a new browser" were a valid solution at times, I
don't think "get a new email client" is a good solution here.)

Just another opinion.
Tim